hello hello hello, design friends!
It’s been quite a while since I have been writing on this here blog. I am truly excited and happy to be back after a much needed hiatus and creative reboot. I felt that loving. living. small. needed a content makeover and what better way to do that than to share my personal creative passions and inspiration as just myself - rebecca orlov.
This has been, in all honesty, a challenging year. Dealing with *real life* stuff in many parts of my life – personal relationships, career, fertility, loss – a lot has been going on that had me navigating real life and holding off on blogger life. I also felt a creative void, much larger than a creative block, surface. I hadn’t anticipated this after being so inspired for so many years by many components online – design blogs, photography, short films, etc. I don’t even remember deciding to stop blogging and snapping photos – I just stopped. My focus was elsewhere and my bright lightbulb of creative identity seemed to have dimmed. Looking back now I see that my mind, body and soul needed a break.
Life, as we all know, twists and turns. Flash forward and I am happy to be feeling really well now and also creatively inspired. I also discovered the importance of slowing down and really embracing quality in all parts of my life – including what I am sharing online. (this post from Erin had me in big smiles – I totally agree).
On that note and as I shared above, this is my new creative outlet for rebecca orlov. I began loving. living. small. in 2008 (inspired by my 300 square foot NYC studio) and have absolutely loved the blog ride since then. I’ve met incredible people, friends, artists, creatives and have enjoyed connecting with many of you through your comments, twitter, pinterest, etc. Although this has been home to small space design, I felt a need to open it up to what is really appealing to me these days -
HOME * BABY * DESIGN * DINE * WANDERLUST
(the new home page * tons of new categories in the nav bar * new name & logo * new inspiration)
* * * * *
- I will continue to write about and share small space style and solutions in the HOME category. I am still (and hope to always be) a small space dweller.
- As a first time mom-to-be (I’m 8 months pregnant with a baby girl!!!) – I’ll be embarking on a new journey in real life and here on the blog in BABY. I am sure this will be a “life in progress” category and I am definitely going to share products, clothes and overall style for baby, for nursery and for mom.
- In DESIGN, I’ll be writing about inspiration, art, photographers, style and more. I am so inspired by so many of you and I look forward to showcasing some of my fave and my new-to-me design inspiration.
- I am a big food lover and am thrilled be introducing DINE. I’ll be sharing not only amazing food, drinks and restaurants but restaurant decor and style that would look amazing in the home as well.
- WANDERLUST is all about travel, destinations, exploration and global inspiration. From hotels to snapshot through my own lens, this is a place to enjoy the love of wanderlust.
There are also many new categories in the navigation bar. I’ll be filling these up with new content plus you can search through 5 years of small space design.
* * * * *
I feel really good about rediscovering my creative outlet and I look forward to writing, sharing, embracing photography again, laughing, smiling and getting ready for this lil baby girl to debut in early 2014. Thanks for reading and visiting and I’ll e-see you more often on rebeccaorlov.com.
(Image source 1, 2, 3, 4)